Many Buildings to Be Demolished at College & Yonge (1928)

From The Toronto Evening Telegram, July 11, 1928

The T. Eaton Co. have called for tenders for the demolition of buildings in the block bounded by Yonge, College, Bay and Buchanan streets. All of the buildings are structures which have been erected for years and their destruction means the removal of old landmarks, the former Bishop Strachan Ladies School being the most outstanding. Of recent years, it has been used as an armory.

The above illustrations show:

  1. south side of College Street, looking west from Yonge;
  2. south side of College Street, looking east from Bay street;
  3. north side of Buchanan, looking east from Bay street;
  4. north side of Buchanan, looking west from Yonge street;
  5. west side of Yonge street, looking north from Buchanan street; and
  6. west side of Yonge, looking south. The arrow point in the last picture shows the location of Buchanan street. ♦
Share this:
Share this page via Email Share this page via Stumble Upon Share this page via Digg this Share this page via Facebook Share this page via Twitter